THE MY REPUBLIC ROULETTE WATCH TO WIN
PROMOTION TERMS & CONDITIONS
1. The My Republic Roulette Watch to Win (the “Promotion”) allows the entrant to go in the draw to win the Prize described herein.
HOW TO ENTER
2. The Promotion Period begins on Thursday, 22nd June 2017 at 7.30pm hours and entries close on Friday, 4th August 2017 at 1pm (the “Promotion Period”).
3. Each week during the Promotion Period between Thursday 7.30pm and Friday 1pm participants may enter via text to 520, and must text their name and the keyword that is displayed on screen during the broadcast of the Bond movie on Thursday at 7.30pm on Three.
4. Standard text charges apply; please check with your provider.
5. All text entries must be received between Thursday 7.30pm and Friday 1pm each week during the Promotion Period to be a valid entry. Any texts received outside these times will be invalid.
6. All correct, valid entries will go in the draw to win a Prize.
7. Participants may enter as many times as they wish.
8. Participants must be 18 years old at time of the entry.
9. During each week of the Promotion Period, MediaWorks will randomly select a winner from all valid entries (each a “Winner”).
10. MediaWorks will advise and confirm each Winner on the Monday following the applicable Bond movie (first Winner will be advised on Monday, 26th June 2017).
11. There will be seven Winners in total. Each Winner will win a Prize.
12. MediaWorks will attempt to contact the Winner three (3) times within 24 hours. Winner must respond to MediaWorks within 24 hours, otherwise the Winner forfeits the prize and MediaWorks will randomly select a new Winner.
13. The Prize consists of:
a. A MyRepublic Fibre Pro broadband 1 year subscription (Value up to $1758.88) including router and all set up cost.
14. All costs associated with the Prize which would normally be incurred by a subscriber will be covered by the Promoter.
15. The Prize is subject the Promoters applicable Terms and Conditions as set out at https://info.myrepublic.co.nz/legal/.
16. Each Prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Prize as stated or outside of fibre broadband coverage. Winners will also not be entitled to a refund for any unused portion of the Prize.
17. The Winner must redeem the Prize within three (3) months of the date of notification of winning.
18. Prizes are not exchangeable or redeemable for cash or other goods or services.
19. A Prize cannot be transferred to any other person, unless agreed to by MediaWorks.
20. At the end of the Promotion Period all queries in relation to the Prize will be handled directly by the Promoter.
STANDARD PROMOTION OR COMPETITION RULES
“Disqualified Participants” means:
(a) all MediaWorks employees, all employees of participating sponsors or promoters and/or advertising agencies and their Immediate Families;
(b) all people under the age of 18 years where the prize incorporates air travel or any other element which would be illegal to supply to a person under the age of 18 years;
(c) all people who have won a prize from the channel/station running this promotion in the last 14 days. If the previously won prize was valued at over $1000, the winner must stand-down from entering for a period of 90 days.
“MediaWorks” means all companies in the MediaWorks Group including but not limited to MediaWorks TV Limited, MediaWorks Radio Limited and all brands and operating companies controlled by or associated with those entities;
“Promoter” is MyRepublic Limited;
“Immediate Families” include spouses, Grandparents, Parents, Children, and Grandchildren whether by marriage, past marriages, remarriage, adoption, co-habitation or other family extension.
1. These Promotion or Competition Rules (‘the Rules’) apply to all MediaWorks Promotions or Competitions (collectively ‘the Promotion’) conducted on or off air and by means of any medium – radio, television, print, telephone or online. The Rules may change from time to time.
2. If a particular Promotion has specific rules or terms (‘the Specific Rules’) those Specific Rules will apply if there is any inconsistency with the Rules.
3. Unless otherwise stated in the abovementioned specific rules or terms, registration, entry or vote is limited to 1 per person. Where multiple registrations, entries or votes are acceptable, each must be made separately.
4. Entry into the Promotion is deemed to be acceptance of the Rules and confirmation that the entrant has the necessary authority (for example from the bill payer or owner of a telephone) to enter the Promotion.
5. No purchase is necessary to win or participate in the Promotion, unless specified in the Specific Rules.
6. The Promotion is open to New Zealand Residents only. Disqualified Participants may not enter in the Promotion.
7. MediaWorks reserves the right to exclude any person from participating in the Promotion on reasonable grounds.
8. MediaWorks reserves the right to refuse to award any prize to an entrant who MediaWorks decides (in its sole discretion) has violated the Rules, gained unfair advantage in participating in the Promotion or won using fraudulent means.
9. By participating, entrants grant MediaWorks exclusive permission to use their names, characters, photographs, videos, voices and likeness in connection with the Promotion and for future promotion and marketing purposes and waive any claims to royalty, right or remuneration for such use.
11. Personal information provided at the time of entry is presumed to be true and, in the case of text or email notification – active, through to and beyond the date of the Promotion’s completion.
12. Where the promotion involves texting, the following apply:
a. standard sms text charges will apply, unless otherwise stated in the Specific Rules and will depend on the entrant’s particular plan or agreement with their phone service provider;
b. any form of automated text message is invalid;
c. the telephone number from which the entry was made will be stored in a database. The entrant has a two-business-day period from the time of entry to request removal from the database.
d. if no request is made it is deemed acceptance that the information can be used for future promotion and marketing purposes;
e. MediaWorks takes no responsibility for text costs incurred after the Promotion has closed as stipulated in the Specific Rules; and
f. no refund will be given for any text message which is charged for but is not entered into the Promotion.
Winning the Prize
13. Only the person who originally entered the Promotion can be awarded the prize (‘the Winner’).
14. The Winner will be determined in the manner set out in the Rules or the Specific Rules – if not specified then as determined by the Promoter who shall for this purpose be deemed the Judge.
15. The Judge’s determination of the Winner will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. The Winner will be notified by email, phone (voice or text), social media notification (by way of private message, tagging or commenting on a post or image), posted mail or in person and must be available for the preparation of all publicity that may be required by MediaWorks. Where attempts to contact the Winner fail (eg when the Winner cannot be contacted by phone after three attempts; or mail sent is returned; or when the Winner fails to respond to social media notification within 48 hours) the Judge will select another winner. For social media promotions, the Judge will select a maximum of 3 winners. If the prize is not claimed 48 hours after the third winner is notified, the prize will be regarded as forfeit and will not be redrawn. For all promotions, if after successful notification, the prize is not collected within two months of being announced it will be regarded as forfeit. (Note: 3 attempts to contact the Winner will include individual calls to any numbers provided at the time of entry. However, should the prize’s total worth equal less than NZD$250 and be a live-to-air draw, only one failed attempt at contact will be acceptable before the Judge selects another winner.)
17. The prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable, unless the contestant wishes to transfer the prize to a charity of their choice. No other family members, friends, office associates or any other person will be able to participate on the Winner’s behalf. In the event that the prize specified in the Competition becomes unavailable for any reason the Promoter may substitute a prize of like or equal value.
18. Where the Winner is required to claim the prize in person, they must provide proper identification (eg driver’s licence, passport, birth certificate). If the Winner is under the age of 18 years their parent or legal guardian must accompany the Winner or give their prior written consent to the award of the prize.
19. The Winner takes the prize entirely at his/her own risk and indemnifies MediaWorks in respect of any claim for any accident, injury, property damage or loss of life that may occur in connection with the prize. The Winner is responsible for all insurance, tax or other costs that may be associated with the prize.
20. Where the prize includes air travel and/or accommodation, either international or domestic (“the Travel Prize”):
a) the Winner MUST have valid documentation, including but not limited to valid passports and Visas, which meet the requirements of immigration and other government authorities at every destination.
b) Any fines, penalties, payments or expenditures incurred as a result of such documents not meeting the requirements of those authorities (including any costs associated with delay), will be the sole responsibility of the Winner.
c) When the Travel Prize includes travel to or through the United States, it is the Winner’s responsibility when travelling into or through (transiting included) the United States under the Visa Waiver Program to apply for an Electronic System for Travel Authorisation (ESTA) no later than 72 hours prior to departure if required. The winner must visit the US Department of Homeland Security website and fill in the required information. The cost of the ESTA is the sole responsibility of the Winner.
d) The Winner and their travelling companion (if applicable) must travel together at all times. The Winner is responsible for transport from their residence to their nearest international airport for flight departure and from their nearest international airport to their residence upon returning to New Zealand.
e) Flight tickets are available on the regular scheduled services of each airline and are subject to seasonal embargos. The flight itinerary may have to be adjusted depending on the airline's departure city and their current flight schedule. Unless otherwise specified, the air travel is economy class.
f) Any changes to travel dates or additional accommodation outside the travel period specified in the Travel Prize details, made by the winner, which incur additional costs, are to be paid by the Travel Prize winner.
g) Unless explicitly stated in the Specific Rules, the Winner will be responsible for expenses including, but not limited to, spending money, meals, drinks, transport, laundry charges, activities, incidentals, taxes (excluding departure and any other flight associated taxes included within the Travel Prize), gratuities, services charges, passports, visas, travel insurance and all other ancillary costs associated with redeeming the Travel Prize. The Winner must obtain travel insurance to protect themselves against additional costs incurred in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
h) The Travel Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Travel Prize must be taken as stated in the Specific Rules and no compensation will be payable if the Winner is unable to use the Travel Prize as stated. For the avoidance of doubt, if the Winner is, for whatever reason, unable to travel on a nominated date during this period, whether the failure was due to reasons beyond the Winner's control or otherwise, then the Winner will forfeit the Travel Prize.
i) The Promoter makes no representation as to safety, conditions and other issues that may exist at any destination. International travel advice can be obtained from various sources, including government, local consular offices and the web site of the New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade. The winner accepts the Travel Prize at their own risk.
j) All travel is subject to the terms, conditions and restrictions of the Travel Prize service providers. Any travelling companion included in the Travel Prize (if applicable) accepts the Travel Prize subject to these terms, conditions and restrictions as if references to the Winner in the relevant clauses were to the travelling companion. The Winner and their travelling companion must sign a legal release, in a form acceptable to the Promoter in its absolute discretion, if requested by the Promoter.
21. MediaWorks reserves the right to amend, vary, extend or discontinue a Promotion at any stage, for any reason.
22. MediaWorks takes no responsibility for any inability to enter, complete, continue or conclude the Promotion due to equipment or technical malfunction, busy lines, inadvertent disconnection, texts with a misspelt keyword, texts to an incorrect shortcode, Acts of God or otherwise.
23. To the fullest extent permitted by law MediaWorks will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for personal injury as a result of Promotion entry or winning the prize.
24. Where the prize is to be supplied by an entity outside MediaWorks control and that entity fails, for whatever reason, to supply the prize, MediaWorks has no responsibility for the provision of the prize and is not obliged to provide an alternative prize or to take legal action to require the prize supplier to provide the prize.
25. Participation in the Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
26. If the Winner does not accept these Terms and Conditions the prize will be forfeited.